The following guidance has been updated on the Wizards of the Coast D&D Adventurers League webpages (see "Updated Documents" below). Player and Dungeon Master specific guidance can also be found at the "Player Info" and "DM Info" links.
Community feedback has been taken into account to finalize the guidance published today. Note that it is not our intention to make substantial changes to any of the documentation updating this year.
Updated Documents: Player's Guide
D&D Adventurers League Forgotten Realms Player's Guide version 12.1, offers guidance for players of Adventurers League games set in the Forgotten Realms. This document is effective immediately.
The changes to this document were minor overall, and include the following:
- Updated rules sources for character creation (added Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse and Spelljammer: Adventures in Space)
- Removed legacy D&D products from character creation rules sources (Volo's Guide to Monsters and Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes)
- Made an allowance for play of Unearthed Arcana "Travelers of the Multiverse" races in Spelljammer Academy prior to release of Spelljammer: Adventures in Space
- Some nomenclature changes for clarity ("book adventures" now "official D&D adventures," many uses of the word "adventure" now changed to "play session"
- Clarified background information in "Creating a Character" section
- Added +1 dragonhide belt to magic item list in "Starting Play Above 5th Level" section
- Additional cleanup on "What Rulebooks Should I Use?" sidebar removing redundancies or outdated references
Until the updated documents are released, continue to use the most recent guidance provided on the Wizards of the Coast D&D Adventurers League webpage.
If you have further questions, comments, or concerns about the new guidelines, please feel free to chat with us in the AL channels on the D&D Discord server, or send us an email at Community@DnDAdventurersLeague.org